Where are you located?
– I am located in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. I do not have a studio. Instead, I am available for on-location sessions. I will come to you. For locations that are more than 15 miles of the 15317 zip code, I will request a travel fee of $0.55 per mile each way.
Can you suggest locations for sessions?
– If you are uncertain about where to have your session, I have plenty of ideas for you. Because each session is unique, the location should be too! When considering locations, think about places that may be of meaning to you or your family. Also consider somewhere that you feel comfortable, such as home or the local park. If you already have ideas, I can’t wait to hear them!
What is a typical session like?
– Fun, of course! A typical portrait session is usually one to two hours. Newborn sessions can take up to four hours. I will be there, with camera in hand, ready to capture some great moments. All you need to do is relax and enjoy it.
What do I wear?
– Easy. Wear something you love! If you have a favorite outfit or special clothing that you can’t always wear, take advantage of this opportunity to show off. You should feel good about what you are wearing. If you are concerned about matching, don’t be. Think about wearing complementary colors, it will add more contrast to your photograph without being too distracting. If you need some suggestions, just ask.
What do prints cost?
– Print prices are as follows:
Gift prints (8×10 and smaller): $25
11×14 – $40
16×20 – $75
Canvas prints and custom wall displays are also available
* How much is the gallery CD and what is included with it?
– The CD with all of your gallery images is $250. It includes high resolution images ready for printing purposes. The CD will also contain low resolution images that are great for Facebook and emailing. You will also have a digital image release form PDF on your CD for you to print and use as needed.
When do I pay the portrait session fee?
– At the time of booking, I request a non-refundable security deposit to be made at least two weeks prior to the session date. The remainder of the portrait session fee is due at the end of the session in full. At this time, Emily accepts cash and checks (written to Emily Hixon Photography).